|Purpose||Interest Rate||Property Market Value||Financing|
|Home Improvement||8.5%||$15 million or less||Up to 85%|
|9.29%||More than $15 million and less or equal $25 million||Up to 75%|
|Interest Rates (EAIR)||8.839091|
Home Improvement Loan
Expand or upgrade your residence with a Home Improvement Loan
- Up to 40 years to repay
- Mobile loans officer at your convenience
- Up to $200,000 content insurance from JNGI, if contents insured value $1 million and over
- 20% Discount on Motor Insurance from JNGI (per motor policy)
- Free JAA Gold Membership for one year
- Up to 20% discounts from more than 100 JN Rewards partners island-wide
- You must be 18 years or older
- Valid proof of identification: passport, driver’s licence along with birth certificate or voter’s ID along with birth certificate
- Proof of address: utility bill or cable receipt; bank statement, credit card statement or post marked envelope bearing name and address.
- Proof of income: income verification letter or completed JN Bank income verification form, last three month’s pay slips
- Tax Registration Number
What is the maximum loan amount, and at what interest rate, can I obtain a JN Home Equity Loan?
You may access up to 85% of the market value of residence or up to %15 million, which is less, and at an interest rate of 8.5% to 9.8%.
However, note that the loan amount you can access is dependent on two things:
- Price of property
- Your ability to service the loan
Your interest is charged on your reducing balance, which is an advantage to you.
What is meant by: “The interest rate is calculated on the reducing balance?”
It means every payment you make goes towards setting interest and reducing your principal balance. The interest in computed based on the primcipal balance remaining after each payment is made.
How long will it take to process my loan application?
Once you have satisfied all requirements, your loan application should be approved between two and seven working days. Where there is a delay, your Loan Officer will contact you.
After my loan has been approved, how long does it take for me to receive the funds?
Once the conditions for approval have been met, your funds should be disbursed within 15 working days.
Will I receive all of the funds at once?
Do I have to come into the branch to start the application for my loan?
No you do not. JN makes doing business easier. You can call us or book an appointment through our website and a mobile loans officer will visit you at your convenience to assist you with the process and to answer your questions. Click here to contact a mobile loans officer.
Can I make my loan payments online?
At JN we make doing business as convenient as possible. You can make your loan payments from your JN account by using our online banking platform LIVE by JN. If you haven’t registered, you may do so by visiting www.livebyjn.com. There is no charge to make your payments! Alternately, we can automate the payment from your JN savings account.
* Borrow based on projected market value after completion of enhancement work
* Notice of any rate change(s) will be provided in writing, by physical or electronic means, to our customers, 45 calendar days in advance of any such change(s) being implemented